1. I was homeschooled until high school, grew up in a small town, and used to pretend my bike was a motorcycle speeding down the dirt road when my sister and brother and I would play the game where we were rich orphans running away from the greedy kidnappers. And we played that or a similar game, outside, pretty much every day. That’s why I know play is really important in developing creativity. Actually, it’s why I know a lot of things. About myself, about life, about the world. One of the greatest gifts I’ve been given in life was the ability to have a childhood full of play and self-discovery and learning.
2. My extensive collection of hats is rarely worn because mine is the type of curly hair that requires you to fully commit to a hat for the day once you’ve donned it.
3. The last song I listened to was D.A.N.C.E. (which is an awesome video) by Justice. Also on my playlist: The Frames, Keith Green, Copeland, Billie Holiday, Emily Haines, Luciana Souza, Illinois, John Legend, Of Montreal, Hillsong, Metric, 80s Amy Grant, Radiohead, Cold War Kids, Sade, Mat Kearney, and various, possibly unpredictable others.
4. My degree in PR is accompanied by one in Religion. So I studied Greek, which I really wish I still remembered more of.
5. I’m getting married in May, and all we have checked off the list so far for sure is: location, minister, date, dress. So I am planning to feel like a crazy person for the next few months, so forgive me if it starts to show.
6. Every Wednesday night, I sing on a stage in front of a crowd of mostly sixth – twelfth graders. I also jump, hop, and bounce. You’re dying to see that, I know. I also enjoy singing at the top of my lungs while driving, dancing behind the wheel, and a great many other interesting variations of enjoying music.
7. I wear a skirt suit every day to work. (Not by choice.) Even when it’s snowing. So yes, I love my job.
8. I don’t really like eating meat, but I’m not opposed to it in any particular way. I just prefer fruits and veggies usually. Exceptions: a great steak, sushi, tender chicken, fish.
This post is a part of the ongoing meme Crazy 8 for 2008, and I was tagged by Communicators Anonymous. Since blogging is so much about relationships, I think it’s really important for bloggers to share who they are as a part of the process. It makes you more transparent, and it makes what you have to say more relevant, authentic and valuable when people really know where you are coming from. That’s why I love some of my favorite bloggers, so that’s why I decided to participate in this meme.
So in the spirit of sharing, I’m going to tag some people I’d like to know a little more about: Sam Davidson, Rebecca Thorman, Brandon A, Katie Konrath, Kate Hutchison, and Elysa. And anyone else reading who’d like to share, consider yourself tagged as well. Please feel free to leave a comment here once you post so everyone can get to know more about you, too.
Love who you are: share the true you.